Land for Saint Patrick Cemetery was donated to The Catholic Society in 1841 by J. P. Miller of Montpelier and Frank Lee and Peter Lee as the site for a church and graveyard.
The gate to Saint Patrick Cemetery on South Hill Road in Moretown, Vermont.
During his visit to the Mad River Valley, the Most Reverend Kenneth A. Angell, Bishop of Burlington visited the historic site. Pictured above are Ozzie Goss, Father Kevin E. Rooney, Bishop Angell and Jennette Fecteau.
The cross in the picture marks the site of the first Saint Patrick Church built in 1857. The cross is no longer exists.
Francis (Frank) Lee was on of the donors of the original site for the church and cemetery.
Daniel Hassett was an original member of Saint Patrick Parish and played an important role in arranging for the acquisition of the site for the new Saint Patrick’s Church built in 1882 in what was then called “Moretown Hollow” on Vermont Route 100B.